Eves' E and Adams' Atoms Eves' E and Adams' Atoms

Fresh take on what would be a more old school beat using modern time stretching, its got a good cut, and you bounce pretty well in it, you could tighten up your rhythms a tiny bit sometimes the flow and the cut would be out of sync i don't know if that's from postproduction or what though cuz you have a pretty cool flow I like how this is on two planes at once, its like the past and present both in your presentation and lyricism. I like it, its a fun one, and its also got something to say. Nice Work.

Imminence Imminence

I'm always trepidation when I enter a cinematic score, so often they just do the bare minimum of evoking the tropes to serve a function but this really has a character. You have some really nice talent, this is really awesome. I want this in the next metal gear game! This is some really nice music the use of the synths really carry that melody and every note is on point, I can really get into the cut, and the tone without feeling like I'm being pulled and it phrases into the intro, awesome, it looped while I was writing this and I didn't even notice at first. I love the use of dynamics, it really builds up well the crescendo at about 50 seconds is probably one of the best part. It's always great to see passion like this.

I wish more cinematic composers put this level of care into their productions, this is better than a lot of AAA games and movies. This is real. Great stuff man. All of the stars.

Step responds:

Oh man, this review made my day! Really glad you like it, and that you're especially happy with the fact that its style is pretty unorthodox too. The Metal Gear comment particularly got to me since I am a huge fan of Metal Gear... maybe some of it even rubbed off on this track, who knows! I'm also relieved that you found the loop seamless, since I kind of suck at looping usually haha.

Thanks a million. Once again, glad you enjoyed it!

Eruption Eruption

Eruption of what? LAVA? I'm actually quite confused by this track, it's somewhat done well but it just makes no sense its just like angry but why? I mean like yea, that bass sploded. I'm confused.

Quickdraw Quickdraw

It's like if 40 *drakes producer) teamed up with Eminem and they met up with a glitch producer haha, I like that it uses very different things. The bounce and styling of the progression set up a real bleak feeling, this is not just like sad from a break up the music screams some kind of issue. It's interesting to hear the chaotic nature of the trap/glitch drums with that. I really like the pads though. Layer those drums and you're in business. Its a fresh sound, this is more glitch hop with the number of bars that you break up the flow with. Good Work.
"

xninja04 responds:

Thank you so much for the review! It's my second attempt at hip hop in a couple years. I studied a some rap beats, they seemed to lack a little.so I wanted to step it up a little!

Inner City Cycling Inner City Cycling

I really wanted them to answer their phone till about 20 seconds. This is pretty cool, reminds me of those old amiga adventure games. some interesting blends of sounds here, although some of it is a bit chaotic I still like most of the sections. Only a couple here and there that could use some cutting and refining, although how much is all about what you're going for. Sometimes one part will play the previous motif even though different section wants to introduce something a little contextually different I like that chaos for the most part in the track, it set sup a very urban environment. Especially with the metal sounds.

JoelTownsend responds:

I think I know which parts you're talking about. Thank you for the generous rating anyhow -- imo, at least this is better than my Blimp song.

Sendoff For Linux Sendoff For Linux

It's very hard to focus on what is other wise an interesting harmonic exchange between the two parts because of all the fuzz, this is a nice composition but I had to tune out the pitch it was oscillating too and listen past all the fuzz to get to hear it. I don't see why you're hiding it in what come out as distractions, interesting at first but about halfway through I just wanted to listen to the main parts.

MikeeUSA responds:

Thanks for taking a listen. I'll PM you a link to the separate tracks.

Dawn of a New World Dawn of a New World

Well done, its well written but it troubles me that the new world is a militaristic one... :( i really wish you didn't use that trope. But regardless that's completely subjective for what I think of as a new world. As it stands its a world both Snake and the Fighters of Mordor would be happy to be a part of, I hear a little of the lord of the rings at the 3:12 and the MGS theme at around 1:47 to 2:06. Not like you cribbed it but that it just has a couple of little intervals and small snippets that make my ear think of em. I like it =] I suppose historically a millitary would use this kind of thing to "inspire" their soldiers.

Imagine-Blue responds:

^^ At first I wanted to call it "Fight for a new World" but I didn't want to make the fighting theme too predominant. I just can't help using marching-band snares! They sound too good to me.

I was actually mostly inspired by Nobuo Uematsu's and Harry Gregson-Williams' music, especially their more mainstream themes like the Theme of Love and The Battle (from the Narnia soundtrack).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your stars :D

Parallel and Simultaneous Parallel and Simultaneous

I love the piano bits, its really involved, and intricate. I think the sax could do it more justice with some variation to match, as it sits with the rest of the peace its lacks the energy of the rest its not simply that its too loud its too loud for what its being used for I think. I like the idea of the sax being there but it really needs to sing out over that harmony to deserve that spotlight in the center, a looping melody doesn't quite fit the bill for my ears. Regardless I'd love to hear a sax-less or maybe I higher range back up sax to guide the piano instead of ride it. Although the best would be a more involved sax melody with some real nice phrases.

abrasounds responds:

Thank you so much for your recent reviews! It's a real help to me.
So, about this track, yeah, I've been thinking about changing lots of things. I agree with you when you say the sax needs more variation. Back then when I was composing and recording it, it just felt right, but now when I listen to it, I feel like a variation or two would sound quite good! Maybe I'll try to find some sax playing to help me phrasing this.

Broken Music Box Broken Music Box

I love the way this comes to life, its like watching the growth of and dreams of youth which are so often abandoned for world weariness I like the way it fades to dreams. It actually makes me think of minecraft in a way, the way you can still the world with unlimited potential. Beautiful peace repetitive but thoughtful. The ending is verying sobering, as we lose the song to the click and the sound of birds lost to chirping. Chilling.

abrasounds responds:

I'm really glad you liked it. I'm deeply connected with this piece, is one of those very personal, you know? And you're right, it is all about youth and it's precious dreams.
Thanks a lot for listening and reviewing!

Retro Lounge Retro Lounge

I really love the riffin', great tight rhythms and did I mention how fun that riff is? I would love to play the game with this in it.